Poly/rayon/spandex French Terry
Loops are on the back side
Really soft knit fabric. Perfect for tops, sweaters or pants.
Listing is sold by the yard
CARE: Wash on cold (with no abrasive fabrics like jeans or towels. Once sewn, wash inside out) Tumble dry or hang dry.
*PLEASE NOTE: as we try to keep solid colors in stock, sometimes we must get a color from another supplier- this means colors can vary slightly so if you are re-ordering a solid please keep that in mind.
Fabric: French Terry
Style: Tie Dye
Here is a list of the MOST you can fit into each size box (depending on fabric thickness). For more specific questions about your order, please contact us.
PADDED FLAT RATE ENVELOPE (PFRE): up to 4 yards *$7.55 domestic
MEDIUM FLAT RATE BOX (MFRB): up to 7-10 yards *$13.20 domestic
LARGE FLAT RATE BOX (LFRB): up to 14-20 yards *$18.30 domestic
*INTERNATIONAL RATES: We ship with USPS products. International shipping can be expensive, but please be aware that we only charge what USPS charges. We, unfortunately, do not make these rates or have control over them.
*PLEASE NOTE: Orders of 40+ yards are over our calculators max so shipping is not charged until we can get an exact assessment of the cost of shipping. In these cases, we will contact you when we have an exact shipping total for you.
Sometimes abbreviated as FT, is smooth on one side and has tiny, soft loops on the wrong side. This is not a towel, which is made from a terry cloth, this is something more luxurious. Most has superb drape and wonderful stretch.There are several kinds of french terry
- Brushed French Terry - This is typically a poly rayon spandex blend and a little thicker with a ‘squishy’ cuddly quality to it. It’s smooth and soft on one side and has soft loops on the opposite. The loops have been brushed to give it a fuzzy feel. Great for all the same things you would use french terry for but give you that extra cuddle feel. Think of the softest snuggliest sweatshirt.
- RSL French Terry - Fabric has something called the "right" side. Most times this right side is what you see when wearing a garment, the "wrong" side being on the inside that touches your skin. Right Side Loops french terry (or RSL) instead of the design being printed on the smooth side, it is printed on the loops side. It gives this fabric a lovely interesting texture to it.
- Baby French Terry: Baby french terry has smaller 'baby' loops on the back, which makes this french terry a little more light weight in feel. It also makes it feel a little more delicate without giving up any of its integrity. It has excellent drape and is perfect for summer projects and layer pieces.
- Triblend French Terry - This french terry has an almost “heathered” look to it. Most blends will be a mixture of cotton, poly, and rayon with a touch of spandex sometimes. The cotton in it gives it some stability and ‘body’. Don't forget to wash and dry this before use, because of the cotton in it it will shrink a little.
- Poly Cotton French Terry - Anything with cotton in it is going to have a little more 'body' to it. This is a medium weight fabric. You're going to find that it has a little more stability and thickness to it.
What you can make with french terry:
Cardigans, hoodies, sweatshirts, joggers, loose fitting ‘palazo’ style pants, dresses, long sleeve tops.